Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finish Up

A reading challenge appears! Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is a book that has a movie coming out in June 2012. My friend and I have decided to have a mini two-person book club for it, to see if it's any good. I fear that if I successfully complete the challenge (finish it by March 31st), I will be forced to read more for said book club. This may or may not actually be a bad thing.

I've had problems finishing things for a while now. I hardly ever beat video games, I don't tend to watch many movies or TV series, and finishing a book is like pulling teeth. I'm pretty sure wallowing in self-pity about how I don't watch movies very often isn't as conducive as spending the same amount of time just watching something. Recently, I was made to sit down and watch The Book to Eli starring Denzel Washington, and it was actually really good! A good twist always makes something awesome, and even more so if it makes the second viewing great.

In any case, I've debated about whether I should buy a paperback or ebook copy and I think I'm going to go with the electronic version. This "cloud" of data nowadays makes identity theft even more terrifying but it's so forward-thinking as far as being renewable, less matter consumption, and cutting down on piracy. After having a good portion of my games on Steam and recently discovering Spotify, it's hard to see why I'd ever buy physical media again as long as I had the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment