Friday, February 17, 2012

Life Happens

The day was a crappy one but it ended well enough, with conflict resolution and all...! I can only hope things will look up for the new week. At least it's raining this weekend, and I'll try not to venture out if I can help it. *cue hot chocolate & cozy blanket*

We're having friends over tomorrow evening and it should be sweeeet. Even more so because I just found out they might have to move a few states away sooner rather than later, due to life and its happenings. Good friends are hard to make, and they were definitely on that list. :') 

I can't get too upset because this type of stuff, this change, is what happens when you grow up, grow older, and have to adapt to the circumstances given to you. The independence I have now and the control I can exert on said circumstances is kind of... empowering. I realize I sound like a kid who has just realized they can use their allowance to buy candy at the store, but I don't think I've ever taken much time to take a step back and think about how far I've come. Of course, with great power comes great responsibility and so it's a bit intimidating if I think too hard about how the safety net ends with me rather than my parents now.

Sometimes, I just feel like a kid's mind inside an older adult's body. And wonder if I'm the only one and everyone actually knows what they're doing as opposed to feeling like an impostor like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment